For some physicians, achieving financial independence is the end-all-be-all to living the good life. Pursuing it can be fantastic when well-balanced and a key factor to reducing burnout.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks to Donovan Sanchez, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and founder of Skyview Financial Planning, about the pursuit of financial independence.
- What is financial independence? Financially set for life
- Pursuit of Financial Independence: Be reflective, thoughtful, and understanding
- Does financial independence buy happiness and solve life’s problems?
- Physician’s Perspective: Achieve financial independence sooner than later
- Field of Medicine: Doctor’s motivation is to help people, make money, escape
- I.R.E. Movement: Pressure to payoff student loans in extraordinary timeframe
- Time and Money: What’s more important? Do you trade dollars for time?
- On Living a Rich Life: What would make your life really rich?
- Busy Work: Sacrifices need to be made from time to time – no regrets
- Vision Document: What do you want your life to be like?
- On track or not? Ask someone you love and trust to provide honest feedback
4 Ways Financial Independence Fights Burnout
How Conflicts of Interest Muddy the Financial Advice Waters
Financial Independence Retire Early (F.I.R.E.) Movement
Breaking Away From Traditional Primary Care to Start a Primary Concierge Service with Drs. Cady and Ryan Brown
Contact Finance for Physicians