Physicians are super smart, work hard, and have tons of earning potential. Even more importantly, they are in a trusted profession that provides value and makes a difference.
In this episode of the Finance For Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks about the main reason why physicians make bad financial decisions and how to avoid them to stay on track.
- Financial Solutions: Best or worst place to start? It depends
- Home Buying Decision: Avoid being house poor and pressure to pay bills
- Financially Fine: Learn to live the ideal life that you hoped to live
- What went wrong? Buying a nice home is not a mistake, it’s the buying process
- Ideal Future: Children? Life/work balance? Financial freedom? Charitable giving?
- Financial Resources: What’s available? Income/earning potential vs. priorities
- Financial Decision: What’s your budget? Incorporate true all-in costs
- Efficiency Hacks: Ways to improve outcomes of financial decisions
- Financial Planning Process: Avoid temptation/shiny objects, stay out of trouble