You can have all the money in the world and be completely unhappy. Everybody wants to move closer toward living out their version of an ideal life. Yet, the daily grind we all face tends to push us away from this.
In this episode of the Finance for Physicians Podcast, Daniel Wrenne talks with his colleague Jeff Wenger, about how physicians can better align time and money management with their values.
- Where to begin? Start with a plan to align financial actions with values
- Two Mindsets: Auto-pilot thinking versus deliberate thinking
- Awareness: Start with gaining awareness of your actions
- Time and Money Management Exercise: Find ways to track what you’ve done
- Awkward Conversations/Characteristics: Plan for success, write your obituary
- Life Planning: Kinder’s 3 questions about living out your ideal life
- New Day-to-Day Decisions: Say ‘no’ to things that don’t align with your values
- Ideal Calendar: Prioritize values by making time and space on your calendar
- Should you stay on auto-pilot? No, do something, take action to help your wealth
Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Three Questions – George Kinder
Using a Values-Based Lens to Identify Financial Blindspots by Daniel Wrenne